Now I just need to tell work. 🙂
The whole thing feels a bit like an overdue formality in a way, but I know it’ll still be a big day. I’ve been out to friends and family for months and years in some cases, and most everyone calls me Heather all the time now. Work is the last place where I’m not currently me and I’ll be considered to have transitioned to ‘full-time’ after then.
Why May 9? It should be after my divorce is final, it’s a week I don’t have my kids so I can focus on myself and the moment, and I should hopefully (knock on wood) be mostly done with facial electrolysis.
My to-do’s in the 62 days between now and then are:
- Talk to other trans women at work to find out if they had any gotchas during their work transition
- Finalize my work transition plan
- Talk to HR and get everything lined up for my transition plan
- Talk to my manager
- Finish final draft of announcement for work and professional network
- Get name change lined up and in the chute
- Patch some wardrobe gaps
Then it’ll be on to changing my name in all the myriad places that needs to be done and taking care of anything else that crops up between now and then.