Yesterday was a day to rest and reflect. I had hopes of doing things, but nothing happened and that’s okay.
Today I’m in full-on disaster planning and management mode. Every hour today has been put towards getting the wheels turning on:
- Gender marker change for my driver’s license (WA state instructions/WA state form)
- Gender marker change for my passport (Trans Equality’s Guide)
- Reviewing my gear list for a natural disaster (* Note)
- Installing encryption software for email (GPG Tools)
- Researching long-term food storage (The LDS guide)
It makes me feel better to know that I’ll be ready to shelter in place or travel to a place of sanctuary due to natural or man-made disasters and have all my legal documentation in order. This is also getting prepped and equipped to endure the coming battles.
In the future, I’ll talk more about the how and deeper why of everything. Today was the what.
Be safe out there.
- Edible plant guides for your region
- Leather gloves
- Maintenance medications
- Ziplock bags
- Dry bag
- Nitrile gloves
- Painkillers that will enable you to walk with broken bones
- Small toolkit and/or Leatherman
- Fishing kit
- Gun and ammo, and the experience to know how to use it
- Pencils and paper
- Playing cards and dice