Category Archives: community

Week 143 – Like Diamonds

It’s impossible to know what you can bear until you bear what you can until you break. The crushing weight of being trans broke me long ago and my broken bones compressed under the weight into diamond. This feature of … Continue reading

Posted in community, self-acceptance, transgender, transition | Tagged , , , | 4 Comments

The Transgender Bill of Rights

The Transgender Bill of Rights Individuals have the right to self-determination of their gender identity. Discrimination on the basis of gender identity is illegal. Trans panic as a legal defense is abolished. Where there is probable cause, violence against trans people … Continue reading

Posted in activism, community, opinion, politics | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

You should start transition.

If there is the slightest possibility you think you are a trans woman, you should start transition. There is no ‘trans enough’ standard you have to meet to transition. There is no ‘standard transition’ you need to follow. There is … Continue reading

Posted in activism, coming out, community, hair removal, HRT, observations, opinion, self-acceptance, transgender | Tagged , | 22 Comments

Holes

Fellow travelers come and go Steps on our shared journey And when we stumble We steady each other Until we miss And they fall Away Fall Behind Fall Down Disappear Leaving holes In the weavings Which we finger Until it’s … Continue reading

Posted in community, poetry | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

The Three Zones of Trans Community Involvement v2

By request, I’ve updated this chart, which I created in response to an earlier chart, which I first created when I wasn’t very happy. Let me know what you think! (Click for larger version.)

Posted in activism, coming out, community, observations, opinion, transition | Tagged , | 6 Comments

Transgender Day of Remembrance 2015

our cries each a drop in the torrential transgender dirge our friends idols family heritage ripped thrown went away too many too soon they laughed all of them every single one had happy days their joy we hold their lives … Continue reading

Posted in community, poetry | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Trans Woman’s Field Guide to Cisgender People, v2

INTRODUCTION Transition is a formative time in a trans woman’s life that often sets the tone for many years after coming out. After entering broader society as herself, cisgender people often display behaviors towards her she may never have encountered … Continue reading

Posted in activism, coming out, community, humor, observations, opinion, safety, transition | Tagged , , , | 3 Comments